Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fanfiction!

I was introduced to this world about a year ago. Since then I've become obsessed with it! I love the idea of a fan coming up with their own stories, interpretations of characters and situations! So far, I've written for Gilmore Girls, Private Practice and Parenthood. These are all dramas and I enjoy writing them.

I really would like to write a fic for Criminal Minds or Bones, but I have no clue! most of my stories have dealt with couples or family units that have already been created (Lorelai&Chris; Addison&Kevin; Addison&Sam and Sarah&Amber/Drew), so writing something that is so new and not created by the show's writer is going to be hard. Writing for Bones is going to be very, very hard because I need, at least, preliminary knowledge of forensic anthropology and I have NO clue. They have a pairing that I can work with though - Booth/Brennan.

Criminal Minds would be a challenge as they all function effectively as a team and at the end of the day, anyone can be paired with anyone. I don't know if I should write a ship (pairing) or just leave it as a team. A ship would be easier to write as the focus is on 2 characters instead of the usual 7! Plus you get to not really include characters you aren't too fond of (read Hotch.)

The other challenge is the case that they need to work on. I can take them on a vacation etc, but how absolutely boring! I need to find a good case for them to work on! I need to finally put my psychology degree into good use.

So it's kind of official. I will be writing a Criminal Minds, ship driven fic. Right now I'm also writing a Addisam fic and my first and only Parenthood fic. I hope i can do a good job to the CM fic. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment