Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dragonflies

It's less than a month to my US trip and I'm literally counting down days. This trip is going to be EPIC. I still have to do so much like book hostel stay, find transport options, find passport, etc. Oh well.

I'm that person that believes in that thing where you start your day out on a good note, the whole day is going to be good. Some days I'll eat chocolate or pizza for breakfast, watch Lauren Graham / Paget Brewster / Kate Walsh on Youtube, play with Gypsy for some extra time or listen to some of my favourite music. You can't get better days than those. For those who contest this belief, I simply rely on psychology and will the day to be good. If you simply don't let the bad stuff register, your day is automatically good right? Right.

So today, just before entering the office building, I saw two dragonflies going at it like there was no tomorrow! They flew low, one firmly attached to the tail of the other and flew around quite fast. There will definitely be more dragonflies in this world. My problem with this is that I can't decide if this is a good omen or a bad one. My dilemma for the day, people.

I've also decided to come up with theories for all things that puzzle me. These theories will be hypothesised by me (I have a psych degree which makes me semi-qualified) and it will be up to you to prove it or just nod your heads and agree. Whichever is easier.

I'd like to mention this web-series called The Subpranos. It's about these two singer/songwriters who meet in NYC and move to LA. it's funny and quirky. It stars Cyrina Fiallo and Chrissy Fit. Check it out!

Another thing I'd like to mention is this band called Folded Light. It's a rock duo - Steve Damstra and Jaffe Zinn. They have some funky music, and they describe themselves as Dutch Pop. I can't tell cause I'm not familiar with Dutch Pop, but I love their stuff! Second album called Kelly is out!

And, and, and you guys must check out Janie Haddad's vlog. Super funny. And a really cool insight to life as an actor in Hollywood. It's so much more than what we imagine. What I love about her vlogs are that there are no retakes (it's not some rehearsed stuff) and it's candid!

I will shut up now.

3 comments:

  1. Generally I would agree with you in letting psyching yourself into making a day good, and right.
    But if like me you have had no purpose for 6 months, and you're friends are too busy to give you an hour every once in a while...you would find it difficult to fill up the hours of every single day. For you can only watch, read, make so much.

    In regards to the dragonflies. I say it's good. I have always liked them and I don't think there is nearly enough around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not into this psych thing, I kinda believe in fate though. So for me the day is already planned anyway and I only have a tiny chance to change something. But if it works for you, that's great! ;)
    Eww, dragonflies. I told you I was afraid of them, so for me definitely a bad omen LOL I just don't like the sound they make. For me everything with that sound is dangerous (bees, hornets...)
    Will definitely check out your recommendations and now stop with this pessimistic comment :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to have happy days. I'll try it tomorrow and I'll let you know! :D

    ReplyDelete