Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Freaking Fighter Jets!


So if you know me, you'll know I LOVE fighter jets. The Jaguars, MIGs, Sukhois, Valkaries, you name it, I love it! I work near the HAL airport in Bangalore, which is the defence airport now that BIA has come up. It's a total treat with jets taking off and landing. Yesterday was super cool. I got to see two jets simultaneously take off and land. Like the > sign!! They were two MIG 27s. A common enough sight but it totally made me all excited inside.

I think it's the adrenalin rush, from knowing that it's so fast and powerful. My favourite part of going on a plane is the take off and landing. The speed the plane goes at to lift off and the force with which it lands, the speed and the need to slow down fast, before we overshoot the runway. It's so brilliant!

Anyway, when I saw the two jets, I totally started jumping up and down, squealing, before realising that I was in front of my office and I looked like a lunatic. I stopped slowly and looked around to see if anyone had caught my moment of weakness, where I wasn't the perfect corporate employee like I always am (yeah right!) and sure enough, some two guys were looking at me quite weirdly. I'll bet they were debating if the rumours that if you admit a person to NIMHANS (the mental institute) you get a fruit basket and a rug were true. lets just say that I quickly made my way back to my desk.

This was my adventure for yesterday.

(Jets in the image left to right - Jaguar, Mirage 2000, Sukhoi - 30K, MiG-27, MiG-21bis)

2 comments:

  1. Some girls like cars, some girls like jets I guess :p Aren't they used to you being you there by now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very weird person :P Those jets scare me. They remind me of war and that's really scary ;)

    ReplyDelete