Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ten Birthday Things!

Ten things I am forever grateful for in my life!

1) My mum and my dog. My mum, who is so much more than my mother. She is my friend, my pillar of strength and my belief system. I believe in her. My dog is simply my heart and soul. She is my everything.

2) My grandparents. They are the reason why I believe in luck, because I feel like I am the luckiest person in the world to be able to call these two individuals that. From bickering with my gran about how I can still go out today, even though I went out yesterday and how I do not need to "rest", to eating her yummy food and watching her reluctantly love my dog SO much, it makes my heart swell with love and happiness. My granddad who has filled in so lovingly for my father, whose hands I used to swing from, whose car I climbed on, to climb a tree, who I argue with about philosophy. You are amazing and I feel so honoured to know you.

3)My aunt, uncle and cousin. Even though you guys are so far away, you are such an important part of my life. My aunt, who's been there since the begining, who's been my go-to person and just that never ending source of love, generosity and support, thank you! My uncle, who accepted me so easily and who taught me that not all men are douches, thanks! You also were the frist one who told me what a "rubber" was at 16. Yeah, I hadn't a clue, so thanks for that! My cousin. I don't even know where to begin! You are my only real sibling and we've been through a lot together! I am so proud of who you are today, and I, would like to take complete credit. Just saying! Thanks for being who you are!

4) Swathi. You will always and forever be my soul sister. You are someone who made high school bearable and who made life that much more special. You are my number one friend. I am so infinitely grateful for your support and amazingness through the years and I cannot wait to see what life has in stow for us! You are fantastic! Thank you for being a part of my life! I would also like to thanks FRIENDS, the TV show, because if it were not for that, I would have never found you!

5) Paget Brewster. You have taught me so much as a person and have been this constant source of inspiration. You taught me to go after life and be the person I am, no matter what people say. You are such an amazing role model and mentor and for that I thank you.

6) Lorelai Gilmore, Lauren Graham and Amy Sherman Palladino. Lorelai Gilmore has been a part of my life since I was sixteen. She was instantly someone who I liked and resonated with. I admired her independent nature and the fact that even though she was a single parent, she had it all together! She was the TV version of my mum, a perfect mix of my whackyness and her awesomeness! I thank Lauren Graham for bringing her to life and Amy for creating her!

7) Vlogging and Janie Haddad. I got to know Janie through her vlogs. I don't know if she knows how much she's helped me by sharing her journey, because she definitely has! She taught me to be honest with myself no matter what and to not give up, because things may not work out the first time round. I started vlogging because of her, to share my life and my story. Thank you Janie, you rock!

8) Rachel Nichols. You are new in my life, but I admire your class and dignity and how you've handled the Criminal Minds situation. Kudos to you. You are so kind and lovely and I am grateful that you joined the show so that I had the opportunity to get to know you! I hope, that should a situation arise, I will have 10% of your class to be able to handle it! Thanks!

9) Internet friends. You guys are lovely. Thank you for the unending amount of support. Thank you for being my friends and thank you for squeeing with me over EVERYTHING! And thank you for being who you all are!


10) This should just say it all - I am grateful for Bath and Body Works, Butterflies, Coca Cola, Chocolate, Cookies, Chips, Jam, Puppies, Kittens, Bandit Louise, Skype, Cell Phones, Twitter, TV Shows, Books, Vampires (NOT TWILIGHT!), LA, Thrilling Adventure Hour, Glitter, Shiny Jewelry and my blog!

2 comments: