Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My unexpected Theatre of Note marathon performance!

So, it's been a little while since I've had any klutzy event, so I decided to regale you all with my epic LA adventure! This was literally on my last night in LA and lets just say that The Theatre of Note Marathon was treated to an unexpected stunt performance by Romy Skye. It was truly a treat for the eyes.

Let me remind you all that this is the stage that KIRSTEN VANGSNESS performed on. That I performed on, because lets face it, every one of my adventures is a performance on it's own. This just happened to be on a famous stage, with famous people. Yeah.

We had gone outside to watch the awesome fire eaters and we all trickled back. I waited for a bit till most people were inside because I didn't want to trip on them! Imagine the mortification of wiping out in front of Kirsten Vangsness and her friends right? Right. I didn't have to really imagine it. I just lived it in stead.

I made my way across the stage and saw Ella sitting there next to our stuff and I wanted to grab some money to get something to eat and drink. Except, I was so focused on the chair and my bag, that I didn't see the GIANT speaker nailed to the ground. And when I mean giant, I mean GINORMOUS! The thing came up to my knee and was a sold two feet wide, black thing. I walked right into it and WIPED OUT on stage.

I FELL DOWN, on a STAGE, that I WASN'T performing on in another country! Now really, only I can do that! One of Kirsten's very kind friends came forward to help me up, looking quite worried, because it was really, quite a spectacular fall. I just grinned tightly at her, smiled and said "Oh I'm fine!" to her and ran to the seat. I stayed still for 5 minutes, telling everyone how fine I was and then looked at Ella and said "OWWWWWWW!!!!!!"

We hiked up my pants and there was a gash on my shin. More than that, the corner of the speaker had nicely dug into my shin bone which hurt like hell! It was also bleeding, and if you know me, you'll know that I didn't even look to see how much and that I fought hard not to faint! I got me a band aid and Ella was kind enough to put it on me.

Then I went back to ignoring my pain because the lovely Kirsten came on and then the horror of all horrors, that yucky, no good, puke worthy ventriloquist act came on and I was too distracted trying to keep my sandwich in my stomach after!!

It was a night I'll never forget and I have a scar from my little gash! It was fantastic!

PS: The speaker worked after which was awesome! Thank you Universe!

1 comment: