Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Auto driver rant


So many things irk me about auto drivers! First, they almost never come where you want to go! And if they come, it's never by the meter! It's always 80, 100 and 150 rupees! And it will be some ridiculously low amount like 60 rupees! Or it's ten rupees extra on the meter! Really? Why the heck won't they just come with the meter??? Is it so hard?

Then, I LOATHE chatty auto drivers!!! Ugh, ugh, ugh! Just drive please! I've been lectured on how I shouldn't go to my boyfriend's house in the evening (I don't even have one! I was going to Shubha's house!), about how it's good to be bilingual and today, he chatted about the roads, the traffic and thinking we were oh-such-good-friends, he asked for ten bucks on the meter! HA! Really?

If they get chatty, I'm just going to speak in accented English! I have to put the accents I've mastered to good use right? But if I do that, those fools will think they can rip me off by quoting an exorbitant price or by taking me on a nice long trip around Bangalore so that they can hike the meter up! Argh! How is one supposed to deal with this?

Another thing I hate is the perverts! They actually shift the rear view mirror so that they can stare at you! Buncha losers!

Okay now that I am done with my rant, they *all* aren't that bad. A lot of them do come on the meter, but they do provide for bad auto stories at parties! Oh well, it's a Bangalorean's life I guess!

1 comment:

  1. NASTY!
    And I seriously WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SLEEP in India. All the beeping would get to me so bad. I already get stressed from my family, and my blood pressure goes up when I try to get to sleep. So bad!

    ReplyDelete