Friday, November 6, 2009

Things just seem to happen to me.

So, one good thing that's come about from my dog having boys in her life and making me take brisk hour long walks is that I have great legs! Whoop! A lot of people know me as a klutz. It's such a given, that I'm introduced as "This is Romy. She is a klutz." You accept it and move on. It's when you start hanging with new people that this character trait becomes glaringly obvious. I have no spatial judgement. I cannot walk in a straight line and more often than not I will walk into the person walking next to me. Another thing that goes on in my head is me spotting a stone a way ahead. Me telling myself "Oh look. Stone." Me walking further and forgetting where the stone was/is till I trip on it and then go "Oh there it is!"

Another super funny thing happened yesterday. It has happened to cartoons, to Mr. Bean on occasion and apparently to Kate Walsh, Jessica Alba and me. It's the walking into a wall thing. Going smack into a solid, big, cream coloured, opaque brick wall. Walking into glass doors have been done by many, but how many of you walk by the same brick wall for 10 months before walking into it? No one? I figured.

Even the staff at work have noticed this particular trait of mine. The guy at the door asks me to watch my step outside, the inside guy tells me if the door is open or closed, though they are wood and glass doors. There were some pretty potted plants on my floor. After I fell over them a few times, they aren't there anymore. They have been put inside closed doors.

It's like these things happen only to me. Really. Spilt food? Check. Fallen down the stairs? Check. Walked into walls - glass or otherwise? Check. Been chased by cows? Check. Been chased by dogs? Check. Fallen off a horse while climbing on it? Check. Been caught dancing at your desk at work? Check. Singing? Check. Gotten locked in the bathroom? Check. Been stuck up a tree? Check.

Need I go on?

No comments:

Post a Comment