Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Earworms

Have you ever had an earworm and then have the theme of that song follow you through the day? Making sure that it never ever went out of your head, no matter how many times you listened to Poker Face or to Hallelujah or even to Bye Bye Bye. It was annoying. Over the weekend, I woke up to the very annoying Rude Boy by Rihanna ringing in my head.

Come here rude boy, boy
Can you get it up
Come here rude boy, boy
Is you big enough

Well. This first stanza just totally started my day. I made a quick dash to the grocery store that morning, humming this and then being disgusted with myself, to buy some eggs. I had never bought eggs in that grocery store before so I had no idea where they were kept. When I couldn't find them, I asked the person running the grocery store and he took me down an aisle and bent down. I followed his body movement subconsciously to see where the eggs were. BIG MISTAKE. I was treated to the glorious view of his oversized behind and butt-crack - plumber style. Is you big enough? Yeah. Too big. Un-freaking-avoidably so. Why me? Why that day? Whyyyyyy with that hideous song playing in my head?

I wa-wa-want
What you wa-wa-want
Give it to me baby
Like boom boom boom

I went for a walk in the night with my awesome twosome and they are quite vary if strangers and dogs while on walks. By vary,  I of course mean they bark, growl, lunge and generally threaten to attack. Now, there is also a person in my building with a rather large dog. We've had run-ins before and I always talk to them to calm down, to not bark when they see this very large dog, but I'm obviously interrupted by the two terrors who always, always decide that they can take the giant in a fight. I swear sometimes I wonder if they are David and see this giant as their Goliath!
Don't they understand that if this dog chooses to attack we'd all be goner?  I'm so glad that this dog doesn't wa-wa-want what these guys wa-wa-want!

Now another thing - I hate cricket and especially loathe it when india wins because firecrackers. Boom boom boom. I personally have no fondness for the noise and dislike it more when I need to calm a dog that is petrified and another that is ready to go to war! I truly wish they would bam firecrackers along with everything else that the government sees as unfit for Indians?

All I can say is that the next time I wake up with this song stuck in my head, I'm rolling over, going back to sleep and waking up the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment