Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Falling down at The Grove and coming home with Portia de Rossi's autograph!

First, contrary to popular belief, I did not fall on Portia de Rossi, knock her over and have Ellen DeGeneres's people beat me up. No matter how many times that has been suggested.

It happened like this. It was a sunny day, so Ella and I planned on hiking up to the Hollywood Sign. I was very excited until I found out that there was a HUGE fence around it. I had already seen it from Griffith Park, so we decided to go to the walk of the stars thing and then hit the Grove.

The Grove is a mall, but it's not really in a building. It's got a Farmer's market, stores, apartments and restaurants. It's this little area with roads and side walks (footpaths) and stuff, but no actual cars are allowed. It does have a tram (trolley) in there though. So while I was crossing the road, I tripped and flailed for about ten freaking seconds yelling "I'm falling, I'm falling" repeatedly till I fell and said, "Oh, I fell." Luckily, because I was flailing, I was also leaning forward and running (trying to gain balance), my fall was not from the epic five feet, ten inches it usually is, but a mere two feet high. So I ended up bruising my knee a bit and scraping my hand. But in case no one had noticed, a scraped hand hurts like hell!!!

So, to make me feel better, Ella and I decided to go shopping. We went to Barnes and Nobles where I really wanted to get Portia de Rossi's book "Unbearable Lightness". I went to the back to ask a store clerk where I could find a copy because the store there is three stories tall and I had never been there before and I had no intention of walking up and down trying to figure out how the store was structured. I was still in pain and by then, my knee was telling me that I had hurt it also (the scraped hand was burning, so I didn't really realise I had hit my knee).

The clerk told me that someone had just returned a copy and asked it I would be interested in it. I really didn't care as long as the all the pages were there and it wasn't in a bad condition. So he led me back to the sales desk and gave me the book. I opened it to check if everything was there and it was a freaking SIGNED copy!!!!! Some doofus called "Susie Lee" had returned a personalised signed copy!!!! Of course I took it! My name is not Susie Lee, but really, what are the chances that me, a girl from India, will go into Barnes and Nobles in LA and get a signed copy of Portia's book?



I went to get it billed and actually asked for a discount because it was a returned copy and they gave me one!!! So I basically got a discounted, autographed book! I think it balanced out the falling in the Grove, in front of a LOT of people thing.

That day was a very good day in my book. Now all I have to do is actually meet Portia and get it readdressed. Anyone know someone who knows someone who knows her? Or anyone know her?

3 comments:

  1. lol Very awesome! Portia and Ellen are like the cutest couple EVER! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! What are the ods indeed but the universe owed you for falling down so I guess it's only fair Susie :)
    Enjoy your LA time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie Lee is an idiot! But her idiocy seems to have led to your joy.

    ReplyDelete